Another delicious Lent dish is the grilled tuna belly. This recipe calls for thick strips of tuna belly to be marinated in a sweet and spicy combination of oyster sauce, garlic and lemon juice, chili sauce, sesame oil, and then grilled over hot coals. Let me know your thoughts and try it.
- 2 lb tuna belly, cut into portions
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves minced garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tuna belly should be washed and dried.
- Combine lemon juice, garlic and chili sauce in a bowl. Add sesame oil, oyster sauce, sesame oils, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Marinate the tuna in the marinade overnight. Turn the fish occasionally during the process. The liquid should be strained from the tuna and drained. Bring the marinade to a boil in a saucepan for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place tuna in one layer on lightly-greased grates placed over hot coals. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes, basting with marinade every now and again, or until tuna is flaky with a fork. Take off heat and serve immediately