What you will know?
Hello cricket lovers all over the world and welcome to another story of a phenomenal athlete and cricketer who is none other than Virat Kohli. First of all, let me tell you what are the things that you are going to learn after reading this article. In this article, we are only going to discuss the Biography of Virat Kohli as indicated by the title.
In the early part, we will give some general information about Virat, and then we will know about the early life of Virat Kohli. After this, we will know some basic information about Virat Kohli and some of his great achievements. We will also talk shortly about his personal life. So let’s start the article without discussing anything further……..
General Information about Virat Kohli;
Virat Kohli is an Indian Cricketer. He is 31 years old. He was born on 5 November 1988 in New Delhi India. He is 1.75 meters in height and his nickname is Chikoo. He is a right-hand batsman. He is a top-order batsman who usually comes one down. He is known as one of the best athletes in the world right now. In 2020 he was named in the list of top 10 most popular athletes in the world. His jersey number is 18. He is also known as a run machine. He is naturally seen as very aggressive on the field.
He is widely known for his scoring abilities but the most important thing is his destructive form in all formats of cricket. He is just a complete batsman. He is in the top 10 batsmen of the world in all types of formats now. He can play fast, he can play slow, I would just say that he is the perfect dude to perform any type of performance according to the need of the team. That’s what makes him an extraordinary player.
Personal and Early Life;
- Virat Kohli was born in 1988 in Delhi. His family was a Punjabi Hindu family. His father’s name was Prem Kohli who was a lawyer and his mother Saroj Kohli was a housewife. They are 3 brothers and sisters. His elder brother’s name is Vikas.
- It is said that Virat Kohli started playing cricket since he was a kid. He was a 3-year-old kid when he used to hold the bat and asked his dad to bowl. Virat Kohli started his schooling at Vishal Bharti Public school. He is married to an Indian film actress Anushka Sharma. They got married in 2017.
- Till yet he was playing cricket at home and with friends but at 9 years of age Kohli joined his first professional club. The academy’s name was West Delhi Cricket Academy. His father took him thereafter suggesting it with the family. Kohli’s first cricket coach was Rajkumar Sharma. Sharma said that “Kohli was full of talent and what impressed him was he can bat at any position and his passion about the game. The coach had to push him to leave after the time.
- Kohli’s father died on 18 December 2006 and it is said that on that day or the next day he had a match and he went to play that and that’s where legends are born. Kohli said when he got the first chance the only thing which was in his mind was that he had to play for his country and fulfill the dream of his dad.
Kohli started his professional career from under 15 Delhi teams in 2002 and from that day he is breaking records after records first on a domestic level and now on an international level. Virat Kohli proved to be a real Gem for the Indian cricket team and the world of cricket. He has real domination of what a cricket batsman should be like. His consistent performances have made him wonder. He has played and won many matches for India in all types of formats. He was first trained by MS Dhoni as vice-captain and is now the Captain of the Indian cricket team. Now we are going to have a look at some of his big achievements before finishing our article. We will see some of his prominent records because if I started writing about individual matches then I don’t think so that I would be able to complete this article.
Records and Achievements of Virat Kohli;
- Fastest century by an Indian batsman against Australia on 52 balls.
- Virat Kohli is the first and only player who scored a century on his debut in a world cup.
- He is the 3rd Indian to equalize the record of Sachin Tendulkar and Rohit Sharma of scoring 2 ODI centuries before the age of 22.
- His ODI average scoring rate has been really phenomenal and he made a record landmark of achieving 1000,2000,3000,4000,5000 runs fastest by any Indian player and is expected to achieve the record of fastest 10000 runs too.
- He is the fastest batsman to score 25 ODI centuries in the world.
- He holds the record of fastest scoring 7500 ODI runs in the world.
- He has made the record of winning 5 test series in a calendar year as a captain and also the record of 235 runs in an innings in a test match as a skipper. Virat Kohli is the first Indian skipper who scored a double century in an overseas test series. He has been nominated 2 times as Icc cricketer of the year. He has been nominated 3 times as ICC ODI player of the year respectively in 2012, 2017, and 2018.
- He was also nominated as ICC test player of the year in 2018.
- He received an award of Barmy Army cricket player 2 times.
- He also received as Spirit of the Cricket award by ICC in 2019.
Thanks that was all about the legendary cricket player Virat Kohli. Remember to give us reviews in the comment section.